BEST CONVECTION OVEN
Posted On May 13 2022
I am sure we can all agree that when shopping for the best convection oven, factors such as capacity, pre-set functions, and wattage are most important.
We used these important factors as our top criteria for selecting the best convection oven.
If you are ready to get cooking and cut to the chase, the Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven scored high above the others in every category we researched. Because of this, it’s our top pick. As people often search for information on this subject, it would be a good idea to make a podcast discussing it more thoroughly. If you want to have a guaranteed high success rate for your content, you can buy soundcloud plays and we will take care of the rest.
Convection Oven Reviews
Convection ovens are the latest and greatest in cooking appliances, and with the well-designed countertop models you’ll find today, it’s more convenient than ever to own and use one. No doubt, you’ve heard about how convection ovens can speed up cooking times, all while giving you delicious results that no traditional oven can give you. When you’re ready to own one for yourself, you may be overwhelmed with all the available options. To help speed up the process, we’ve shared the top-rated convection ovens on the market today and put together a buyer’s guide to arm you with even more knowledge. Once you become an informed consumer, you’ll be much better equipped to make the right decision when it comes to purchasing the perfect convection oven to suit your needs.
Best Overall Convection Oven
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, Silver
Breville designs products to take your cooking to a whole new level. Their Smart Oven in particular is built from the philosophy that different foods require different methods of heating, and you should be able to employ all these methods with one device. Some foods such as baked goods need to be cooked evenly, while others, like meat, need to be seared at top. Many toaster ovens fail to distribute this heat in a consistent fashion, and they can’t change heat distribution to suit the various foods that are being prepared. This is where the Breville Smart Oven stands apart from the rest. No matter what food you are preparing, it will adjust the heat distribution so that you can consistently achieve perfect results.
With various toast settings, and bake settings, you’re going to see that you can take your cooking to a whole new level, all with one device. The Breville is intended for those who aim for perfection, and once you learn how to use this simple device, you’re going to be amazed at the culinary possibilities that open up for you. The Breville is compact enough to sit on your kitchen counter, yet ample enough to cook even the largest dishes. Experience why customers have found again and again that the Breville is always a top-rated convection oven.
– Sarah Lytle
Best Multi-Function Convection Oven
Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven, Stainless Steel
We all know Cuisinart makes some of the top-rated kitchen appliances on the market, and this convection toaster oven is a fantastic addition to their family of products. With 15 cooking functions and special settings for speed convection, sandwiches, and bagels, you’re going to be amazed at the results that you see in your cooking. The heating power of 1875 watts provides fast heat up time, while precise temperature settings will yield delicious culinary creations. There’s also an easy-clean, nonstick interior that can hold a 13 inch pizza, 9 slices of bread, or a 9”x 13”baking pan. You can even manage to squeeze an entire 9-pound chicken into the oven. If you desire home cooked meals that are ample in size and perfectly prepared, then you’re ready to own this amazing oven from Cuisinart.
This is a top rated appliance because it delivers consistent results that customers swear by. The elegant, contemporary design fits perfectly into any kitchen decor, and the various settings offer you a wide variety of choices when it comes to the consistency of your food. All in all, this product is going to change the way that you cook, and using it is as simple as pie. And, on that note, you could go ahead and bake a pie in this oven, if you feel the urge.
– Sarah Lytle
Best Budget Convection Oven
KitchenAid KCO273SS 12″ Convection Bake Digital Countertop Oven – Stailesns Steel
If you’re looking for the full performance of an oven the size of a microwave, then look no further than the KitchenAid convection oven. Small enough to fit on your countertop, this 12” convection oven features nine memory settings for the most professional cooking results, including Asado Roast which adjusts the temperature for remarkable roasting performance, and the Pizza setting for the crispiest crust imaginable. You’re going to be amazed at what you can achieve when you use this one device, and the intuitive design makes it easy for you to figure out how to cook various things.
This top-rated product not only expands your culinary horizons, but it also comes at a price that most consumers can afford. It’s constructed from durable materials, and so easy to use that everyone in your home will be able to figure it out. Whether you’re cooking for one, or cooking for 10, you’re going to see that this device is the one tool you need to do it all. Cook meats, bake pies, toast your toast, or just heat up leftovers; with this one handy appliance you’re going to be able to accomplish it all with ease.
– Sarah Lytle
Summary of Our Top Picks
These top rated convection ovens are customer favorites because they consistently outperform all others. They allow you to cook with more efficiency, while using less energy and time. You’re going to be amazed by how well these appliances cook all your favorite dishes, such as flaky pie crusts, perfectly browned meat, and deliciously moist cookies. Once you learn the basics of how to use these convenient convection ovens, you’ll be pleased with how easy they are to operate. You can finally enjoy dishes that are better than any traditional oven can produce, and in a fraction of the time.
5. Black & Decker 6335S
6. Hamilton Beach
7. Cuisinart 200
9. Cuisinart 300
10. Black & Decker 4500S
Convection Oven Comparison
|Breville BOV800XL||Cuisinart TOB-260||KitchenAid KCO273SS||Oster||Black & Decker CTO6335S||Hamilton Beach 31103A||Cuisinart TOB-200||DeLonghi RO2058||Cuisinart CSO-300||Black & Decker CTO4500S|
|120 – 450||115 – 400||120 – 300||150 – 450||150 – 450||120 – 500||100 – 500||250 – 390||125 – 450||100 – 450|
|18-1/2 x 16-1/4 x 11-1/4||18 x 12 x 20||16.1 x 12.1 x 18||22.5 x 18.1 x 14.6||21.8 x 12.4 x 14.5||23.3 x 18.1 x 15.5||21 x 16 x 14||14 x 19.4 x 10.4||18 x 15.5 x 10.75||20.1 x 16.3 x 12.6|
|Warranty||1 Year||3 Years||1 Year||1 Year||2 Years||5 Years||3 Years||1 Year||3 Years||2 Years|
Convection Oven Buying Guide
What is a Convection Oven?
We all need an oven, but imagine a new kind of oven that can reduce cooking time by 25%, and cooking temperature by 30%, all while saving you space and money. This is where the convection oven comes into play, and it’s versatile enough to not only cook, but also warm, roast, rethermalize, and bake, all with one device. No doubt, you’re looking to buy a convection oven to make your life easier, and keep your kitchen cooler. We’ll discuss some features that will help you figure out which convection oven is right for you.
Also known as a fan-assisted oven or fan oven, a convection oven uses fans to circulate hot air that will cook your food faster than ever before. A traditional oven relies upon radiated heat and heating elements, whilst a convection oven will spread the heat to cook your food. When you’re looking for the right convection oven for you, you may stumble across a European convection, or true convection oven, and this is a model that has an additional third heating element that will heat the air as it exits the fan. This is a good feature to have.
- Uniformity: The reason that convection ovens work so efficiently is that they’re equipped with a fan that circulates the hot air in the oven around the food, and this creates a uniform temperature that will cook every surface of your food with identical heat. Most standard radiant ovens will allow air to move around the food randomly, and this will create some hot and cold spots. This means that you get food that is burnt and undercooked at the same time. With a convection oven you can be sure that the bottom of your food doesn’t get burnt to a crisp whilst the top is undercooked.
- Cook Anything: You can cook virtually anything in a convection oven with good results. You’ll find that things cooked in this appliance are much tastier, crispier, and juicier than with a standard oven. Since cooking time and temperature are much less, you’re going to see that the butter and flour of a pie crust and many other delicate baked goods are more flaky and delicious, and the skin of a roasting chicken is more brown and juicy. And, there are countless other foods that cook better in a convection oven, so you’re going to have a fantastic time experimenting with all your favorite dishes.
What utility are you running on?
It’s important to consider whether you should purchase a gas model or electric model. If you choose a gas model you’re still going to need an electrical connection to run the fan. And gas models generally require 1”or more of clearance around the sides of the pans for good airflow in the chamber.
Do you have the necessary hood and fire suppression system?
You need to be sure to check your local codes and also review the installation requirements of your model before purchasing. Make sure that you can accommodate the specific requirements of that convection oven to be able to use it safely.
As with any appliance, it’s important to compare various models before you make a purchase. Determine whether the model that you’re interested in is capable of preparing your favorite dishes, or restaurant and menu items. Different convection ovens are suited for different tasks, so it really comes down to finding the one that is geared towards your needs.
- Convenience: If you want all the convenience of a convection oven with less bulk, then a countertop convection oven is the solution for you. These devices are also great for concessions operations and off-site catering events. They’re incredibly easy to install and can hold everything from small cookie trays to half-size sheet pans.
- More Even Heating: There are three heating elements in a convection oven, along the top, button, and rear. The fan will force the heated air to circulate, so no matter where the food is in the oven, it will all receive the same level of heat. If you have separate pans of cookies, for example, they’re all going to be cooked the exact same way. You can place more food in the convection oven without fear of some parts being burnt and some parts being undercooked.
- Faster Cooking: A convection oven will speed up your cooking time. You can, in fact, get the same results that you would with a traditional oven and at a setting of 25˚lower than you would otherwise need. This is a great savings in energy costs, and reduces the overall time it takes to prepare a meal.
- Retaining Moisture in Meats: Because of how a convection oven works, you can retain the moisture in thicker cuts of meat. Due to the constant stream of heated air blowing across the surface of the food, you’re going to get a fine external crust while still maintaining internal moisture. Breads and pies also benefit from this effect due to circulating air that browns the outer layers. This is not as easy to pull off in a traditional oven, especially when it comes to cooking doughs and batters.
- Reduce the temperature of any recipe by 25 degrees.
- Also reduce cooking time by 25%
- Keep an eye on the food at all times. You’ll find that smaller batches of cookies may take just a few minutes less, however, larger cuts of meat can take up to an hour less.
- Choose baking pans with low sides for better air circulation.
- Use a low fan speed or pulse fan speed when cooking delicate items such as soufflés and muffins.
Owning a convection oven is the best way to increase the speed and quality of your cooking. With today’s countertop convection ovens, you’re able to get all the benefits of owning a convection oven without taking up a lot of space. When it comes time for you to find the right convection oven for you, it’s all about knowing yourself, knowing your kitchen, and knowing your cooking habits. Once you narrow down how it is you’re going to be using the oven, and how much space you have for it, then you’ll be well on your way to finding the right oven for you. There are so many out there to choose from, but you need not feel overwhelmed. After reading about the top rated convection ovens, and consulting the buyer’s guide, you should be ready to find the appliance that is perfectly suited to your unique needs.